Blueberry Fig Snack Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 lime-juiced (2 tbsp)
- 2-3 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup lard – melted
- 4 fresh figs – cut into 6th
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Position racks- 1 high and 1 low.
- With a mixer, beat together coconut sugar, maple syrup, and eggs for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, zest your limes and melt your lard.
- Once the eggs & sugar are done mixing, add your lard and zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your almond and tapioca flour.
- Next, beat in lime juice and flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 inch pan (I used a pie plate but any shape works)
- Cut figs into 6 wedges.
- Press fig slices and blueberries in to the top of the cake.
- Place in oven and bake on the lower rack for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes have passed, cover pan with tin foil and transfer to the high rack, letting bake for 35 more minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool for at the least 1 hour.
Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”