Today I am sharing another quick, clean-eating candy recipe for you during this holiday season; mini almond joy cups. If you do not have a chocolate silicon candy mold, you can easily pour the mixture into a parchment lined loaf pan. However, there are many affordable mold options on Amazon, or your local craft supply store. If you are short on time and none of these options are available, simply divide the mixture into mini and (or) regular sized cupcake liners. Either way, the candies come out great!
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or) 1/2 cup coconut oil + 1/2 cup cocoa + 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 2 tsp coconut oil + 2 tbsp
- 4 tbsp coconut butter – softened
- 4 tbsp coconut milk – full fat
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- Splash of almond extract
- Roasted or raw almonds (1 per candy)
- Silicon candy mold
- In a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water, melt chocolate chips with 2 tsp coconut oil.
- Spoon chocolate into silicon mold, filling half way up the sides of eat one.
- Place in freezer for 10-20 minutes to fully harden.
- In the same pan, remove the water and melt coconut butter, milk, nectar, and 2 tbsp of coconut oil until fully combined.
- Stir in a splash of almond extract.
- Once chocolate has hardened, spoon coconut mixture over the chocolate and lightly press 1 almond onto the very top.
- Place mold back in freezer and let harden for another 20-30 minutes.
- If using homemade chocolate recipe, combine 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup cocoa, and 2 tbsp of coconut nectar until smooth, following the same directions as noted above.
If you do not have coconut nectar, you can easily substitute maple syrup, honey, or any other sweetener that you have on hand.
Psalm 47:8 ” God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne.”