- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Eden’s brown mustard
- 2 tbsp homemade spicy mustard *This lends a subtle punch to the otherwise sweet marinade
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
- 4, 8 oz bone-in pork chops
- Mix first five ingredients together in a medium sized bowl or metal baking dish.
- Place pork chops in marinade, coating thoroughly with hands, and covering with plastic wrap.
- Let marinate over night (or) 4-5 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill or broiler, and cook 5 minutes per side on the grill (or) in a baking dish 4 inches away from the top broiler. *Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your chops.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes to lock in the yummy juices.
- 4-6 cups napa cabbage – shredded
- 1/2 medium sized purple onion -thinly sliced
- 2 medium sized apples – diced
- 1 lemon-juiced
- 2 small kohlrabi – shredded *or thinly sliced with knife
- 1/2 cup apple cider juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded cabbage, onion, kohlrabi, apples, and sea salt.
- In a measuring cup, mix together the cider, salt, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Pour sauce over slaw and mix thoroughly with hands until fully coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate overnight (or) until dinner *Preferably 4-5 hours.
- Serve raw or lightly sautee in a large skillet until desired texture.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 “Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”