Regardless of if it is Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, Easter, Valentines day, or really any other holiday where gifts may be present, I love using them as an excuse to make food for people. One item that always intrigues people is the differing versions of nut butter I make. Whether by utilizing different spices, oils, or combination of nuts, everyone always loves the alternative to regular peanut and almond butter. I also made and gave away my “pecan pie” butter, and you can find that recipe by clicking here, as well as many other nut and seed butter variations. Really, there is nothing easier than making homemade nut butter, as you simply stick everything in a food processor and walk away. Well, you can walk away, if you want, that part is optional. However, this does come in handy when I want to be doing something other than standing in the kitchen. With Christmas and New Years right around the corner, I thought that giving out small jars of my pecan pie nut butter was a must. I also got creative and decided to create a knew variety that I call “cookie dough.” Sweet, salty, smooth, and creamy, this combination of roasted cashews and brazil nuts makes for the perfect snack on your favorite fruit, or simply by the spoonful. Of course, this recipe is not AIP Paleo, however, it is a great gift alternative to the typical Christmas cookie, and tends to be welcomed and loved by all ages.
Cookie Dough Nut Butter in a Jar
- 3/4 cup brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup dry roasted cashews
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (or) Lily’s stevia chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
- In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, puree brazil nuts, sea salt, and cashews until smooth.
- Scrap down the sides, add in maple sugar, vanilla, and MCT oil if using, and allow the food processor to run until fully incorporated.
- Scoop cookie dough butter into small, 4 oz mason jars.
- Sprinkle each jar with a few tbsp of chocolate chips.
- Place a label and ribbon on each mason jar.
- Give out to friends and family!
James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights.”