Mushroom, Leek, and Ham Spaghetti Squash
- 1 small spaghetti squash (1 – 1 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup leeks – sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms – chopped
- 1 cup organic ham – chopped *Omit ham if making as a side dish
- 6 garlic cloves – crushed and chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp sea salt *If using ham, reduce salt to 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp lard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop and discard seeds, placing the spaghetti squash flesh side down in a baking pan.
- Once preheated, place squash in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes *Time will depend on how big your squash is.
- After the squash is soft to touch and browned on top, remove the baking pan from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet, heat lard over medium low heat.
- Once hot, add in chopped mushrooms, garlic and leeks.
- Place the lid over the skillet, allowing the vegetables to sweat for five minutes.
- Once the mushrooms have browned, add in ham, white wine, and sea salt, stirring to incorporate.
- Turn the heat to low, allowing the mixture to cook for another 5 minutes.
- While the mixture is finished cooking, flip the spaghetti squash over and use a fork to gently scrape the flesh away from the skin into long pasta-like strands.
- Turn the heat off, and add in the spaghetti squash, stirring till everything is fully incorporated.
- Scoop into a serving dish and serve as a side dish or main course.
Romans 11:33 “Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable His ways!”