|A mason jar of Autumn Butternut Bisque
from He Won’t Know it’s Paleo.
|Marinating Bacon Maple Salmon from
He Won’t Know It’s Paleo the cookbook.
|Egg-free mayonnaise inspired by
Another killer recipe that I had the joy of preparing from He Won’t Know It’s Paleo the past couple of weeks (though certainly not the last), was the Asian Lettuce Wraps. Because my brother has been bugging me for quite some time now that I should make him P.F. Chang style chicken lettuce cups, I instantly decided to take advantage of Bre’anna’s recipe and see if “He” (i.e my 15 year old brother) would not realize that it was Paleo. Overall, he had no idea, and I was even able to sneak a little bit of cauliflower rice into his mixture of regular, white rice. My mother also enjoyed the Asian Lettuce Wraps as part of her lunch, after which she exclaimed that we must make sure to include the recipe in our weekly menu.
A Sneak Peak
Overall, He Won’t Know It’s Paleo, is an amazing addition to the Paleo and Autoimmune-Paleo cookbooks on the market, as well as your bookshelf. It would be an understatement to say that having Bre’anna’s book is completely worth purchasing, and truly can be seen as an investment in both you and your families health. Whether you are just beginning to follow the Autoimmune Protocol, or are a seasoned veteran, He Won’t Know It’s Paleo has got you covered with over 100 recipes that make cooking on AIP (and life in general) that much easier. If you are interested in purchasing the cookbook, you can do so through the amazon affiliate link provided in in today’s post, and in doing so, make sure to leave a review so that others can find Bre’anna’s cookbook as well! (Though I was given the opportunity to view the cookbook for free, the opinions I express in the review are completely my own, and very genuine.)
- 3 tablespoons heat-stable cooking oil (I used lard)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/3 cup Coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups mined mushrooms
- 1, 5 oz can diced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 packaged kelp noodles (optional for topping)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the chicken and Coconut Aminos and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the honey, garlic, vinegar, and salt. Stir to coat the chicken. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts, and green onion and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft. Simmer over medium-high heat until the liquid has evaporated, about 101-2 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Spoon the filling onto the lettuce leaves and eat taco-style. serve with extra Coconut Aminos, if desired.