Spiced Meatballs With Apple Glaze
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup leeks – minced
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger – chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8th tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine meatball ingredients together with hands.
- Form the mixture into 15-20, like-sized meatballs, and place on a large baking sheet.
- Once up to temperature, place the meat balls in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- To make the glaze, combine arrowroot flour and water in a small ramekin, until a smooth slurry has formed.
- In a small sauce pan, heat apple sauce, molasses, and apple cider vinegar on medium until beginning to lightly bubble.
- Whisk in prepared slurry, spices, and sea salt, stirring for 3-5 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and brush over prepared meatballs, and serve on a platter with extra sauce if desired.
1 John 3:11 “For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.”