Slow Cooked Veal Cheek and Greens
- 2 lb veal cheek
- 4 cups bone broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 bundle of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp grass-fed tallow
- 1 1/2 tsp truffle sea salt
- 6-8 cups chopped collard greens
- In a large skillet, heat tallow on medium heat until hot.
- Pat the veal cheek dry, season with 1/2 tsp truffle sea salt, and sear in the pan for 3-5 minutes per side until a nice golden brown crust has formed.
- Transfer the veal cheek to the slow cooker and pour in bone broth and apple cider vinegar.
- Nestle the bay leaf and fresh thyme down into the side of the slow cooker, add the chopped greens to the top, and sprinkle remaining 1 tsp of truffle salt over the top of everything.
- Turn the heat to low cover, and allow the cheeks to slow cook for at the least, 6-8 hours, stirring once, half way through.