Today’s recipe was inspired by the great folks at Vital Proteins. After sending me some samples of their creamer, collagen bone broth (featured recipe coming soon), and beauty collagen for a giveaway, I decided to create a collagen-filled treat much like my Chewy Vanilla Cookie Bars. If there is one thing I hate about macaroons, it is when they are like munching on air. Does that make sense? Maybe not. Let me explain…I’ve had many macaroons that have nothing to them. Does that make sense? Probably not. I’m not entirely sure how to explain myself. All I know is there is nothing worse (in my mind atleast) than biting into a macaroon, hoping to taste a chewy, sweet cookie, only to bite into coconut-flavored air. If I am still not making sense, well, atleast I tried. The point of saying all of this was that these macaroons are NOT tasteless puffs of air. They’re rich in coconut, with a chewy texture that lasts longer than .02 seconds after biting into them. They have a great vanilla flavor and are sweet (but not too sweet). I personally love them with a cup of iced cold coffee (if my IC is allowing it), otherwise an herbal tea will do. The best part of all of this? They are full of the good stuff (aka collagen). If there were ever a treat you could feel good about eating, it is this one!
Vanilla Coconut Collagen Creamer Macaroons
- 3 cups coconut flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup VP’s Vanilla Coconut Collagen Creamer
- 1/3 cup Swerve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a food processor, pulse coconut flakes until shredded.
- Add in swerve, vanilla, melted butter, and eggs, pulsing until combined.
- Add in collagen creamer and puree until a sticky dough has formed.
- Using your hands, roll dough into 12 like-size balls, placing each on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the macaroons for 14 minutes at 350 degrees until just browned on the top and around the edges.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
Notes: Coconut oil (or) coconut butter can be used in place of the butter. Coconut or maple sugar can be used in place of the Swerve. I have not tried making these with regular, plain collagen by Vital Proteins, so take note.
John 6:29 “Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.””