I don’t have much to say about today’s recipe except for that it came out of the desire to not be in the kitchen. With 3 kids, an equally hungry husband, and my classes being online, I’ve spent my fair share in the kitchen the past couple months. While I enjoy the summer months where everyone’s home, I still usually have my little escapes to school and out and about for errands. However, as you many of you know, that definitely has not been happening for the majority of us. So, after a long day of studying I decided dinner needed to be simple and easy to clean up. These salmon cakes can be made into crab cakes, tuna cakes, or even sardine cakes. They can be baked (my preferred method – less clean up), or easily pan-fried in a skillet. While I used rosemary, thyme, and oregano, you can just as easily use fresh cilantro and parsley. If you don’t follow the AIP, simply use a large egg in place of the pureed plantain. Overall, the variations are quite endless, so enjoy!
Herbed Salmon Patties
Yields 5 Patties
- 1, 8 oz can wild-caught salmon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano, rosemary, & thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup minced scallion
- 1/3 pureed green plantain (from 1 peeled plantain)
- In a food processor or bowl, mix together salmon, lemon juice, herbs, sea salt, and scallion.
- Fold in pureed green plantain until combined, then form the mixture into 5 like-size patties.
- Place the patties on a sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 400 dg preheated oven until golden around the edges.
1 Thessalonians 4:17 “After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.”