Mexican Crab Cakes
(Makes 4 cakes)
- 8 oz (1 cup) canned crab claw meat
- 1 lime – juiced
- 1 green plantain – 1/3 cup puree
- 1/4 cup cilantro – chopped
- 3 tbsp green onion – chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp duck fat
- In a food processor, puree plantain until completely smooth.
- Drain clump meat and place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add chopped herbs and salt, mixing until fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl, mix together the plantain puree and lime juice.
- Fold the plantain mixture into the crab with a spatula until fully combined.
- Form the mixture into 4 crab cakes, 3/4th inches thick.
- In a medium sized pan, heat duck fat on medium-low.
- Once the oil begins to sizzle place crab cakes onto the pan.
- Let cook 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place crab cakes on a plate and serve with desired sauce.
If you are not a fan of crab, or simply can’t get any, you can also use canned salmon, sardines, or tuna!
Genesis 28:15 “Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”