Bacon Beet Relish
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 medium red onion (3/4 cup minced)
- 4 oz red beet (1/2 cup minced) – boiled
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Chop beet into 1/2 inch chunks, place in a small sauce pan filled with water, and boil until fork tender for 10-15 minutes, draining once cooked.
- Next, mince red onion and boiled beets and set aside.
- In a large skillet, place bacon in the pan and heat on medium until the bacon starts to sizzle.
- Allow the bacon to cook until very brown and crispy, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove bacon from the pan and place on a paper towel to soak up any extra fat,
- Pour out all but 2 tbsp of bacon fat from the skillet, turn heat on medium-low, and add minced red onion, allowing to sautee for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low, crumble bacon into small bits and add to the skillet along with the minced beet.
- Stir to combine and allow mixture to cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle mixture with salt and pour white wine vinegar over it, cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Remove relish from the heat and serve over protein of choice or store in a mason jar for later use.
Psalm 97:10 “Let those who love the hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.”