Iced Sugar Cookie Cutouts
Yields 16-20 Cookies
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup water chestnut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-hydrogenated palm shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse together the first 5 ingredients.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, and palm shortening, letting the processor run until a ball of dough has formed.
- Sprinkle tapioca flour onto a clean surface, and roll out the dough until 1/4-1/8th inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes, and place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Put the sheet into the oven and allow to bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes on the sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough, and ice with my naturally colored icing.
1 Corinthians 1:4-5 “I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge”