Herbed Chicken Liver Pate
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1/4 cup chicken fat + 1 tbsp for cooking
- 1/2 cup leek greens – chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp bone broth
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Place two tbsp of chicken fat into a medium sized skillet, and het on medium-low heat.
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken livers, placing in the pan once hot.
- Cook chicken livers for 5-7 minutes, until no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, allow to rest while preparing the herbs.
- In a food processor, pulse together leek greens, sage, thyme, and sea salt.
- Add in chicken liver and chicken fat, until fully incorporated.
- With the food processor running, pour in bone broth and vinegar, allowing to mix until the pate has become smooth.
- Scoop pate in desired serving dishes and place them in the freezer to chill for at least 3 hours (or) over night.